Looking for Jeanne’s Endo Blog?

It has moved and gotten a new name. You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit
http://chronichealing.com
and update your bookmarks.

7/15/2008

Body Image, The Media, & My Guest Blog Articles On WWW.SOSIOUXME.COM

Please visit Tracee Sioux's blogs on empowering women and girls.

Specifically, I was Guest Blogger on her Blog Fabulous blog:

http://www.blogfabulous.com/endo-body-image-jeanne/

... and on her www.SoSiouxMe.com blog.

WARNING!!!:
There are visual images in the link below of what I do NOT agree with (i.e. the Abercrombie & Fitch ad photos Tracee included in my post) that may be bothersome, disturbing, or just plain annoying. If you are a parent or caregiver, you may wish to open the following link when impressionable children are ***NOT*** within eyesight of the computer screen.

The following link is actually obout my objection to such ads. In order to understand what it is I'm objecting to, I think these ads (or ones like them) are necessary for the point of my Guest Blogging article to fully come across...

I apologize in advance (!!!) for the Abercrombie & Fitch advertising examples posted here but I think they are necessary to prove a point.

PLUS images like this ARE in the mass media (not to mention your local A&F mall store posters!) where impressionable eyes CAN see them!

These ads (included in the link below) really bothered me!!!

http://traceesioux.blogspot.com/2008/07/guest-potst-jeanne.html

Thank you in advance for checking out the TWO Guest Blog articles I just mentioned.

Tracee Sioux's blogs educate the public about damaging ads like this and how they affect children and adults. Tracee does much to empower women and girls. She is on a trip to the BlogHer conference as we speak... to talk on behalf of empowering women and girls!!!

This article was posted by Jeanne via "Jeanne's Endo Blog" at www.endendoat.blogspot.com.

No comments:

HAVE YOU SIGNED YET?? Please Sign Endometriosis Awareness Petition Below! Awareness YEAR-ROUND!