Looking for Jeanne’s Endo Blog?

It has moved and gotten a new name. You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit
http://chronichealing.com
and update your bookmarks.

3/09/2009

(VIDEO) 'Jeanne's Endo Blog': Vlog #3 Endometriosis Awareness Month (Week One Recap) & Acupuncture Intro Video

It's March 9, 2009 and last night I recorded my third video. Vlog #3 includes a recap of Week One of Endometriosis Awareness Month. I also do a brief introduction about acupuncture. Acupuncture has helped me immensely for several years now! I'll be blogging more about acupuncture in the future because it deserves some "front and center" attention but I thought I'd touch on it today.

I didn't realize until today that 10 minutes is the maximum time allowed per video on YouTube. So the video this time is split into two parts. (Thanks goes out to my hubby for helping me get the video split apart and uploaded despite computer problems (some sort of malicious file had attacked my computer and probably has a great deal to do with all of the PC problems I've been having) and my not realizing the length would cause the video to get rejected by YouTube). I apologize... I'm still in the learning curve for making videos. So, please bear with the 2-part format for Vlog #3. I'm calling them both Vlog #3 (Parts A and B).





There are several people I mentioned in the Vlog #3 who I'd like to provide links to here:


Endochick of 'Endometriosis: The Silent Life Sentence'

Melissa Ralston of 'Endometriosis: Facing the Battle Head-On'

'My Journey with Endometriosis'

Steph of 'Living with Endometriosis'

Kelly Damron of 'Twin Peas Blog and Podcast'
(Infertility blogger)

Cassie Germsheid of 'Mamas On The Web'
(Amazingly supportive & talented blogger who is currently helping me redesign my blog in preparation for a transfer to Wordpress, supporter of the endometriosis cause who has helped us with our twitter campaign for endo awareness)

Rosalind Joffe of cicoach.com
(Generous supporter of the endometriosis cause who has helped us with our twitter campaign for endo awareness)

Alicia of 'Yaya Stuff'
(Amazing blogger and friend who advocates for patients dealing with infertility, endometriosis, miscarriages, and adoption)

By the way, you can still help Alicia with her Adoption Adventure Fund! There is another raffle (with cool prizes) going on now!


I have never in my life met anyone who wants to be a mother more than my friend Alicia.

For details about the raffle prizes, please see Alicia's site: Yaya Stuff. She has lots of cool prizes so go check it out!

Alicia & Josh's Adoption Adventure Raffle Ticket Giveaway.

Josh and Alicia are more than halfway through the adoption classes for the foster-to-adopt process they are pursuing now.

Let's fill this house!!




Finally, have you been tweeting endometriosis messages using #endo? I counted them last night and there have been 335 tweets in the 9 days since I sent out the first one on twitter. Those endometriosis tweets are really catching on!

If you are on twitter, please use #endo at the end of each endometriosis-related message you send out and help us create awareness for endometriosis plus make it easier for people to find endometriosis posts and other information.

This article was posted by Jeanne via "Jeanne's Endo Blog" at www.endendoat.blogspot.com.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jeanne! Wonderful Vlog!!
Also remember to put MARCH BLOGGING MADNESS FOR ENDOMETRIOSIS AWARENESS at the end of all endo posts this March!!!

Jeanne said...

Endochick,

Thank you! This video was more complicated than the others. I learned my lesson not to go past 10 minutes... that's for sure! :)

Yes, I thought of that afterwards. It took me a whole day to get this thing published.

I had a "malicious file" get cleaned off my computer yesterday.

My poor husband has scanned my computer many ways lately because it has been SO messed up.

Finally Microsoft Windows Defender found this file that literally said "hijack" in it. No wonder my computer has been acting so strangely!

It's still not right by any means but it's better than it was.

There's still something wrong with it.

Let's just say it was a small miracle to finally get this posted and the slogan was not even on my mind when I published it. :)

Jeanne

Cass said...

Aw, you're so cute and sweet! :)

I'm glad you're using accupuncture. I was reading about it the other day and thought of you and was going to ask you if you've tried it, but now I know!

I don't know if we have anyone around here that does it but if they do I'd love to try it.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being one of the most retweeted folks on Twitter. 335 tweets of #endo - great job!

Jeanne said...

Kelly,

Thanks, Kelly. Twitter has really been a nice tool for us with endometriosis awareness this month!

Jeanne

Jeanne said...

Cassie,

You're the expert on sweet. :)

Yes. I love, love, love acupuncture!!

I've been getting it for over 8 years now. It is so amazing!!

You should ask around. Acupuncture is becoming more popular all the time. If you ask around, you might find that there are people you know who get acupuncture that you didn't realize did so.

The one I see was recommended by a licensed massage therapist/physical therapist. If you know of anyone in this type of position or any "alternative medicine" practitioner, try asking them because they may be able to recommend someone for you.

Another place to try asking around for names of acpuncturists might be at a health food store.

I hope you can find one because it is beyond amazing! It helps so many different conditions. It's mind-boggling to me just how effective it is!

I am more relaxed at acupuncture than any other time. Literally. With my sleep apnea and fibromyalgia, sleep is not restful. (In fact, the sleep disorder clinic said I never reach the restorative sleep phase at all)!

At acupuncture, though, I can totally "zone out".

It is hard to explain but I reach some different level of consciousness with acupuncture. I'm not unconscious but I'm not 100% conscious. It's kind of like that semi-conscious state you're in when you wake up gradually without an alarm clock... only way better.

It's very peaceful and super-relaxed. I cannot even put it into words. It's just awesome!!!

Jeanne

My Endo Journey said...

Oh, I'll put that at the end of my blog posts too endochick!

I seriously don't get twitter. I'm afraid I don't need to either...lol. It seems addicting?

Anyway, I am going to start acupuncture sometime after my surgery, so, thanks!

Jeanne said...

My Endo Journey,

Yes, Endochick's slogan helps us all to frame our message as a coherent team. (I have to keep reminding myself to include it on my posts).

Twitter rocks! I've had it for months and, honestly, was not wild about it at first. I'm not known for being concise (as any reader here knows). So fitting messages into 140 characters was a challenge for me!

However, the more I use it, the more I love it. I've barely used Facebook at all for Endometriosis Awareness Month because I can get so much more done so much quicker with twitter. I hear your fear of adding one more thing to the plate. However, I believe twitter is SO worth it.

It saves me time over logging into Facebook and getting sidetracked on a zillion things which may have nothing to do with why I logged on.

Twitter is growing rapidly and it's exciting to be part of it while it's growing. We're at the ground level on some of the new features and it's exciting. If I had to pick twitter or Facebook, I'd pick twitter in a heartbeat. Seriously!

Also, while twitter can be addicting, I find it easier to manage my time with it because the messages are so short (quick) and you don't have to wade through all the irrelevant stuff Facebook can bring.

I'm so glad you'll be starting acupuncture. For me, it has been life-altering! If you read Alicia'a "Yaya Stuff" blog, you'll see she's as fanatical as I am about it. It's that good! :)

Jeanne

P.S. If you're thinking of trying twitter, consider doing so in March so you can see how powerful it is for our endo campaigning. It's one thing to read about it on the blog, it's another to see it in action. Now that I have TweetDeck to manage messages (rather than just tweeting from the web), I can fully appreciate what an amazing tool this is! (TweetDeck is free to download and I HIGHLY recommend it!)

Also, they have whole twitter groups for infertility that you might appreciate...

Anonymous said...

Awww! Thank you! You're sweet too!!!!! ;) :)

Thanks for plugging my giveaway too!

Great vlog. I love that you are SMILING this time! yay!

Yes, it takes me FOREVER to get my videos to publish on youtube as well.

Funny thing about you showing the acupuncture needles because I've been doing acu now for a year (thanks to your advice!) and I've never really paid attention to the needles because I usually just fall asleep the whole time. Well yesterday I was really wired and spent the whole time staring at all the needles! Lol!

I hope you are having a good weekend. I finally caught up with emails last night...phew!

Jeanne said...

Alicia,

I had been meaning to mention your Adoption Adventure fund and then I saw that you have another giveaway going on for it. So I definitely wanted to tell people about that!

The other day I finally got my last filling done. Woo hoo! I still have stains on my teeth but at least I'm better able to smile now. :)

Yes, uploading videos is a slow process. I didn't realize YouTube is 10 minutes or less. (I think I knew that way back when but had forgotten).

Anyway, uploading the entire thing for hours and then having it get rejected for length was frustrating but now I'll remember!

So did you like the credits?

I don't usually stay fully conscious very long at acupuncture myself. It's too relaxing to stay awake. However, I have seen the needles before both in acupuncture sessions and when he spoke to our local endometriosis support group.

When I had my last acupuncture session, I asked him for a needle and he gave me a bunch of needles in different sizes... more than I asked for! So that gave me the chance to show some of the different needles used for acupuncture.

As far as my weekend, I still feel very nauseous from the antibiotic but I feel better now than I did yesterday. The severity of the nausea comes and goes. My intestines are very messed up and I have abdominal pain.

However, I'm doing better now than last night. Last night was pretty bad. I cannot wait until I'm done with this antibiotic. I'm taking my acidophilus every day. I know the antibiotic kills the good bacteria as well as the bad.

I still have thousands of emails so there is no catching up. I just do my best to stay on top of them but no human being could respond to all of them and I don't like deleting things without at least looking at them and seeing what they are.

Jeanne

HAVE YOU SIGNED YET?? Please Sign Endometriosis Awareness Petition Below! Awareness YEAR-ROUND!