Looking for Jeanne’s Endo Blog?

It has moved and gotten a new name. You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit
http://chronichealing.com
and update your bookmarks.

3/11/2009

'Jeanne's Endo Blog': Why I'm Glad That Cassie Germsheid Of Mamas On The Web Is In My Corner...

I am writing the following post in support of my friend, Cassie Germsheid.

While I am writing this post in the hope that I will refer some business her way, she is not even aware that I'm posting this. I just wanted to stop and take a moment from this busy Endometriosis Awareness Month to acknowledge her talents, her work ethic, and to say I'm thankful for her support of the endometriosis cause... despite the fact that she doesn't even have endometriosis! Cassie is the type of person you want in your corner. I'm thankful to her for being one of my first "blogging friends" in this incredible journey of blogging.

As some of you are already aware, I will be switching from Blogger to Wordpress. My blog is also being redesigned. Luckily for me, I have an amazing blogger helping me through this process! I began blogging in June 2008. Way back in the beginning, I had the good fortune to connect with Cassie Germsheid.

Cassie helped me out at a time when I was very inexperienced at blogging. There were some very basic, simple aspects of blogging that I simply hadn't figured out yet when I met Cassie. She kindly gave me some tips that made life easier for me.

She is extremely savvy regarding Internet marketing. Her niche audience is anyone wanting to start up his/her own blog, switch to Wordpress, transfer to his/her own hosted blog, etc.

While her blog Mamas On The Web targets the WAHM (work at home mom) audience, Cassie works with all sorts of people on projects.

While I've learned a fair amount since last June when I began blogging, I personally would be too nervous to switch my blog from Blogger to Wordpress without help. I simply have too much data to risk losing anything. I have poured too much time and energy into my blog to take chances with a learn-as-I-go type of transfer. This is my 231st post. As many of my readers are well aware, I am totally exasperated with Blogger! From my sidebar which occasionally disappears (in whole or in part) to my blog's occasionally missing footer... from the Blogger following option that rarely works to the two days last week when my blog posts all disappeared from my screen... from not being able to insert images because Blogger was being finicky to not being able to save/publish my posts without getting errors all the time, I have had enough.

Granted, not everyone has quite as many "Blogger bugs" as I do. Personally, I think I got a Blogger version that was a "lemon". It is what it is. I know I'm not alone with these bugs, though, because I have Googled issues like "disappearing sidebar" and found others. Also, when I have posted about my Blogger problems, people have gone on to find my blog. (My FEEDjit traffic meter has shown many a search for issues like "disappearing sidebar").

In any event, I am more than ready to make the switch and I know that the more data there is to be switched, the more complicated the switch can be. Had I known about Cassie initially, I would have started on Wordpress in the first place.

However, I'm grateful that I know Cassie now and I'm thankful to her for her expertise, honesty, and organizational skills. With her help, I'm going to have my own hosted blog on Wordpress and I can't wait!

If you're like me and you want to switch to Wordpress, I recommend Cassie. She is very helpful and refreshingly ethical.

If you write a high-quality blog and monetizing it is just not your strong suit, Cassie Germsheid is a great person to consult with... She has been working online since March 2005. Having had regular communication with Cassie since the early days of my blog last summer, I can tell you that all of that experience shows.

This article was posted by Jeanne via "Jeanne's Endo Blog" at www.endendoat.blogspot.com.

No comments:

HAVE YOU SIGNED YET?? Please Sign Endometriosis Awareness Petition Below! Awareness YEAR-ROUND!