Looking for Jeanne’s Endo Blog?

It has moved and gotten a new name. You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit
http://chronichealing.com
and update your bookmarks.

11/05/2008

President-Elect Barack Obama's Election Night Speech And My Hope For Healthcare To Be A Top Priority

After making a conscious choice not to get into partisan politics on this blog, I have thought and thought about what to write for today's post. I had concluded that it just wouldn't seem fitting for me not to mention last night's election but just wasn't sure exactly what to write. I finally decided that the most appropriate thing for me to post would be not my words but the words of the next President of the United States, Barack Obama.

Regardless of what your political beliefs are, who you voted for, what party (if any) you are affiliated with... one thing has been decided. Barack Obama will be the next President of the United States.

So here are his words from Election Night on November 4, 2008:



While there are a great many issues that President-Elect Obama will need to address, my hope is that healthcare will be a top priority. Those of us who are chronically ill know how important a topic this is.

This article was posted by Jeanne via "Jeanne's Endo Blog" at www.endendoat.blogspot.com.

4 comments:

Mckay K said...

Health Care is, in deed, at the top of my HOPE list. It is still up to us to keep that priority at the fore front of our conversations. It is up to us to make sure that our local representatives and state congressional leaders take our needs to Washington.

We must have a better health care system. I truly believe we are about to get one.

I loved watching the whole acceptance speech again. Thank you.

Your blog is beautiful!!! It is perfect for the subject and is just a delight to look at.

I have been looking at backgrounds, but I have not run across anything this cute.

Jeanne said...

Mckay k,

Yes... healthcare is certainly a top priority!

Thank you! I've been wanting to switch it around for awhile now and a couple of fellow bloggers had used The Cutest Blog On The Block. (See/click on top left corner of my blog if you want to check it out).

Note: There's another site that has a very similar name but it's not free and this was)!

Anyway, I'm glad you like it! I think you are the first one to see it besides me because I was still updating it when your comment rolled in. :)

The site I mentioned has lots to choose from.

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo!

Jeanne said...

Alicia,

:)

Jeanne

HAVE YOU SIGNED YET?? Please Sign Endometriosis Awareness Petition Below! Awareness YEAR-ROUND!