Looking for Jeanne’s Endo Blog?

It has moved and gotten a new name. You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit
http://chronichealing.com
and update your bookmarks.

2/12/2009

"Jeanne's Endo Blog" Says: Smile! Happy Valentine's Day!



I was tagged by My Endo Journey to share 6 things that make me smile.

I don't normally do these (this is actually the only tagging I've ever done with my blog) but this smile graphic was too good to pass up... especially since it's Valentine's Day. :)



Six things that make me smile:

1. My amazing husband and daughter, who experience challenges in conjunction with my conditions daily and demonstrate flexibility, patience, and unconditional love!

2. My extended family and "in-person friends".

3. My blog... which is so therapeutic for me and which simultaneously helps other people. Helping fellow patients and local support group members makes me happy. Networking with fellow health bloggers is wonderful too. I have blogger friends coming out my ears now. :)

4. Acupuncture... which is totally amazing!!!!! (I have been writing a post with details about this forever. Stay tuned because I should be posting it soon).

5. When I find a coping mechanism that helps me manage pain (or when I use an existing coping technique).

6. Music and art. Funny DVDs. Robin Williams. Tori Amos.

I tag: Steph, Foxy, Mckay k, and Kerry. Enjoy!

RULES: Link to the person who has tagged you. (For me that's My Endo Journey).

Write down six things that make you happy. Post the rules, tag others and let them know you did it. Then tell the person when your entry is complete.

P.S. I was about to publish this when I saw that Endochick tagged me for this too. :)

This article was posted by Jeanne via "Jeanne's Endo Blog" at www.endendoat.blogspot.com.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day Jeanne!


Love the things that make you smile! ;)

Jeanne said...

Alicia,

Happy Valentine's Day!

Thanks! :)

Jeanne

Mckay K said...

Hi Jeanne;

Thanks for the tag. I hope I can think of six things as interesting as your six. I really enjoyed reading about you.

OK I am off to contemplate my six!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Jeanne said...

Mckay k,

I can't think of anyone better equipped to come up with 6 reasons to smile/be happy. You are the EXPERT at positive thinking & gratitude. :)

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Jeanne

P.S. Did you see in my new widget that you are in the top five commenters on my blog? Thanks!! :)

Anonymous said...

I finally did my 6 things! I posted it on my personal journal off of my main site instead:
http://www.livingwithendometriosis.org/steph/2009/02/six-things-that-make-me-smile/

Happy belated Valentine's Day!

Jeanne said...

Steph,

I looked at your personal journal. I was blown away when I first pulled it up because it pre-dated blogging... by a lot! At first, I was confused...

Then I realized you had converted your handwritten journal notes into blog posts (dating back in archives to 1985)!

Wow... I have never seen anything like it. Absolutely amazing... it must have taken you a long time to type all of that up.

Your writing captured the pain and agony endo can cause in such a vivid way. Thank you for sharing your story to help others!

Readers,

For an emotional, raw, personal look at Steph's history with endo... the link she listed is just amazing!

Jeanne

P.S. Steph, I hope you and your almost-still-a-newlywed husband had a sweet Valentine's Day! :) Hey... your first Valentine's Day as a married couple, huh?

Shauna said...

hi sweetie!

my right hand went paralyzed last week and this is about all i can do now, very hard and painful to type, no post lately from me on my own blog. wanted to say you must know how much i love u and that you are one of my original blogging friends also. i'm so proud of the work you've done for your main cause. honey, the minute i heard your voice on the phone months ago i thought u were a 16 year old very well spoken girl. i see im not the only one who labels u soft spoken!! ok this is very hard so i'll end now, i know u will excuse the no capitals, etc.

with so much love my special friend, and i have something for you also, it is just SO long to type out for me onto my blog so I'm holding off. just wait till i contact ya.

your friend always,

Shauna <3

Jeanne said...

Shauna,

I apologize for the delay in getting this posted! As I was just emailing to you, the state of affairs in my inbox right now is not pretty! Actually, my inbox is never pretty but it's really bad now!

I am so sorry about your hand. I hope your doctor can do something to help you. I hope your hand feels better very soon!!

You are smart to stop posting when you're having such trouble. I took a "blogging break" a couple of weeks back after an allergic reaction to a prescription did a number on me.

I wonder if I should still be not blogging because on a day like today, the pain is almost unbearable from various illnesses in various parts of my body.

Anyway, I have been forcing myself to get work done on the computer today because I'm so behind. I know.

I'm not practicing the self-care I preach, right?

Well, I'm trying to do the best that I can... trying to find a balance. (I'm not balancing very well lately).

Thank you so much for your kind words of support. I really appreciate it!

I visited your blog today but was unable to post comments on it because my screen locked up repeatedly.

After killing Internet Explorer repeatedly, I finally sent you that email.

Anyway, I'm posting your link right hear so people can check out your blog:

http://shaunaslifeinpain.blogspot.com/

Shauna's most recent post (1/29, I think) was fantastic and I was sorry I couldn't post my comments there.

Part of my problem is my router is about to get replaced but MOST of my problem is with Blogger.

After months of disappearing sidebar and/or footer, "follow" function not working right consistently, not being able to save/publish oftentimes when I need to... and now not being able to post images (seriously... video works, photos do not)... plus my blog posts disappeared for 10 minutes the other day (none showing on homepage at all)... I have had it with Blogger and can't wait to go to Wordpress.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent.

I have to say that my husband is uproariously laughing because I just told him that another person thinks I'm soft-spoken!

He thinks that this notion is downright hilarious!!

I guess that vlog was misleading because I'm not known for being quiet! :)

Shauna, you help many people with your blog. Your well-written, passionate, emotional, descriptive posts are helping many.

Well it looks like I will be in suspense for awhile. I look forward to hearing from you but REST FIRST and GET BETTER!

<3

Jeanne

HAVE YOU SIGNED YET?? Please Sign Endometriosis Awareness Petition Below! Awareness YEAR-ROUND!