Looking for Jeanne’s Endo Blog?

It has moved and gotten a new name. You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit
http://chronichealing.com
and update your bookmarks.

5/19/2009

Fun Only

There will be some minimal talk of children in this post. If you are not in a place now to care to read that, I just wanted to mention it up front.

There will be no talk of illness or pain in this post. As regular readers know, I periodically take a break from all that to talk about art, music, etc. This post is simply for fun. When I started blogging last year on June 1st, the tulips were already gone.



This year, however, I have pictures from my garden to share. My husband and daughter planted them for me. Tulips are my favorite flower. So don't be surprised if tulip pictures pop up in future posts because I took quite a few pictures yesterday when I tiptoed through the tulips.

It was a nice, sunny day so I took the camera out when I got the mail. Guess what was in the mail? Yes, my Jannie Funster CD has landed. Check it out:



Do you like how she got a P.O. Box, like I suggested, for sending out her CDs to what is sure to be oodles of fans? Notice my package came from "La Funstress"? Jannie is too much.



So, after checking out the pretty tulips, I went inside and opened up my package. I found a note from Jannie with some business cards.





Here's a sneak peek at the liner notes. Check it out. Jannie autographed it for me.



I am so excited for Jannie that her CD is now out. She has worked hard on this. Jannie has been a wonderful blogging buddy ever since she found my blog. I'm going to break my "no illness talk" for just a second to say that Jannie has endometriosis and struggled with infertility for many years. She found my blog because I write about endometriosis.

Anyway, Jannie's CD is great! Not only is she a great musician but she is funny as heck. She really is a Funster if there ever was one! I have already warned her to buy some wigs and dark glasses to avert the paparazzi. She really has an amazing voice. Her daughter helped her with the CD-making process. It was a real treat getting that CD in the mail yesterday.

If you'd like to hear samples of her songs, here's a link from her blog with some:
MP3 samples

If you too want to order Jannie's CD, just go here: Jannie Funster's blog.

My daughter had heard the MP3 samples from Jannie's blog before it arrived in the mail and she really liked the songs. So she was very excited to find the envelope from La Funstress in the mailbox. (She translated "La Funstress" to Jannie Funster right away... She knew it was en route).

Anyway, my daughter listens to music every night while she falls asleep. I told Jannie yesterday that her CD got the ultimate compliment. My daughter (who normally will not part with the High School Musical CD that is sure to break one of these days from wear) asked if she could listen to Jannie's CD to get to sleep last night. How cool is that??



Related link:

Jannie Funster CD Release Today

This article was posted by Jeanne via "Jeanne's Endo Blog" at www.endendoat.blogspot.com.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

E and I have been talking for awhile about planting a garden, your photos inspired us to go tomorrow after I mow the lawn and get some flowers and start planting them :)
Gorgeous flowers! Thanks for sharing!!! :D

Jeanne said...

J,

That's awesome!

Years ago, I had ordered some tulip bulbs from some mail-order company specializing in bulbs and they didn't do very well at all (despite being pretty darn expensive).

These ones were purchased at the local grocery store! Go figure.

So I took that example to mean that you don't have to break the bank to have pretty flowers. Happy gardening! :)

Jeanne

Jannie Funster said...

Jeanne: This is like one of the nicest post I've ever read in my entire life (even if I weren't in it I'd still love it.) And you!

So cute how you weaved in the tulips and my CD stuff. ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL, my friend. Way above and beyond.

Oh, gotta go. More pounding on the door - that darn mob of fans again. Can't wait until my mansion on 10 acres with the tall fence and security cameras at the gi-normous front gates is ready to move into. I sooo need my privacy back!! :) :) :) This whole fame thing is a tough row to hoe, Jeanne - but somebody's gotta do it!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome you got the CD!!!!! Yay! So cute your daughter loves it! I haven't listened to it yet, I should do that.
Great tulip pics.

Jeanne said...

Jannie,

You're too funny.

Since the CD happened to arrive the day I had already decided was going to be tulip/camera day, it all just fell into place.

Oh my gosh. You are too funny. Thank you for bringing laughter to my blog. Some days I get concerned about my blog getting a little too serious. It's nice to lighten things up occasionally.

Now make sure you have the security system set properly. All it takes it just one rogue photographer to break away from the pack and slip in...

Next thing you know you're on the cover of People magazine sporting curlers in your hair... You know? The ones you use to perm your bangs. Now that would be an interesting sight.

Have you still got permed bangs on your blog? I didn't see them the other day.

Jeanne

Jeanne said...

Alicia,

Yes and I love Jannie's CD!!!! Yay!

Yes, the CD is a big hit around here.

Yeah, you can hear free song snippets from Jannie's blog using that MP3 link.

Thanks. I just love tulips. :)

Jeanne

jeisea said...

Hi Jeanne
What a great post. Positive and happy thoughts change the brain in a way that helps us.

Jeanne said...

Welcome jeisea!

Thank you. I enjoyed connecting with you the other day. I agree about the importance of positive and happy thoughts. :)

Jeanne

Jannie Funster said...

Jeanne, nope, my bangs all fell out, so I got weaves from the back of my head combed forward. I'll be posting video on Friday, so stay tuned!

lost butterfly said...

I love the pics of the tulips-nothing says spring like a tulip. They are beautiful and I am sure they make you feel better just to look at them! I moved recently and don't have the flowers I love growing here yet and boy do I miss them...

Take care,
Jeannette

Jeanne said...

Welcome Jeannette!

It's nice to see you here after getting acquainted on twitter. :)

Tulips are my favorite. I just love them.

I'm glad you enjoyed looking at them.

Take care,

Jeanne

Jannie Funster said...

Whoo-hoo!!!

xoxo

(Just had to get that whoo-hoo off my chest.)

Jeanne said...

Jannie,

You transcend funny straight into hilarious. When I see that big, beautiful blue eye coming my way... I know I'm in for some kind of treat! :) My niece liked your CD this weekend, by the way!

Jeanne
xoxo

Jeanne said...

Jannie,

Somehow I had missed this one...

Sorry your hear about your bangs being a casualty of the perm. How terribly unfortunate.

What sort of consequences did this bring for the poor unfortunate soul who performed the damage-inflicting perm? Oh, that's right, you're not the litigious type.

Well, I hope you'll steer clear of this hair care "professional" in the future. No need to put your remaining blond mane at risk, right?

Now, as far as the combing... I've heard of combovers (ala Donald Trump's hideous bird's nest) but I can't say I'm familiar with the "comb it up from the back" method.

I must say that sounds a bit freakish.

Please don't take that the wrong way. I don't mean to imply that I think you'd settle for anything but the best.

I just thought that maybe the perm chemicals stung your eyes and that you looked in the mirror at this creative combing and thought it was purrrty... when in reality it might frighten those around you.

So be on the lookout for startled looks and be aware people MIGHT be reacting to your radical new hair statement.

Where's the video??? I didn't see it. I want evidence.

Jeanne

Jannie Funster said...

Jeanne, well you may not believe this -- I hardly do myself, but a racoon snuck into our house again and stole some things, the video cartridge being one of them. Yes -- the one with my poor mangled hair-do. (He also stole Kelly's left pink sneaker and Jim's Sponge Bob boxer shorts.)

So, sorry. No video. boo hoo.

Jeanne said...

Jannie,

Wow... that is hard to believe. Who knew raccoons had such specific tastes for videotapes, pink sneakers (only left ones of course), and boxer shorts? Very odd indeed.

Did you ever see the movie RV with Robin Williams? I ask because I'm wondering if the raccoon who paid you a visit was in that movie?

You never know. Granted, you're not exactly located near the Hollywood film studios.

Then again... who is to say that particular movie was filmed in Hollywood?

You see... we just don't know for sure without checking the credits.

I, for one, did not scan the RV credits for filming location.

Don't you worry, though! The next time I watch RV, I'll look. I rarely watch the same movie twice but there are some rare movies (RV and Ferris Bueller's Day Off being examples) that I can laugh at again and again.

Well, that's really too bad that the video has vanished. Tsk tsk. What will we do? What will we do?

I think you'll need to re-film it. Yeah, that's it. Just make another video. Simple enough, right? I'm sure you won't mind.

Jeanne

HAVE YOU SIGNED YET?? Please Sign Endometriosis Awareness Petition Below! Awareness YEAR-ROUND!